Tools For You
Use these helpful tools and reference materials to better assess and care for our members who have or who are at risk for cardiovascular disease.
Clinical recommendation summary
The 2013 American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Guidelines (PDF) can have a positive impact on existing treatment and outcomes for racial and ethnic health disparities among members afflicted with cardiovascular disease. Use these guidelines when rendering services to our members.
Omnibus Risk Estimator
The Omnibus Risk Estimator (xls) can help you calculate a member’s risk for cardiovascular disease.
Member education materials
Cardiovascular health doesn’t stop with you. Use these materials to better educate our members about steps they can take to improve their own cardiovascular health.
- Ask about your medicines (PDF) — Spanish version (PDF)
- Main lifestyle changes for people with coronary artery disease (PDF) — Spanish version (PDF)
- Diabetes and heart disease (PDF) — Spanish version (PDF)
- Knowledge is power (PDF) — Spanish version (PDF)
- How can I quit smoking? (PDF) — Spanish version (PDF)
- Rate your plate (PDF) — Spanish version (PDF)
For further reading
Use these support materials to learn more about the tools and strategies discussed during the webinar.
- CMS announces the new mandatory topic for quality improvement projects beginning contract year 2016 (PDF).
- Guidelines for the Primary Prevention of Stroke: A Statement for Healthcare Professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association (PDF).
- Editorial: Cardiovascular Health and Protection Against CVD: More Than the Sum of the Parts? (PDF).
- Strategies to Enhance the Application of Clinical Practice Guidelines in Patients with Cardiovascular Disease and Comorbid Conditions (PDF).